DIY Gen4 3SGTE Swap Package - AW11 MR2
NOTE: We no longer ship DIY kits internationally or through any freight forwarders. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Applications: These packages are tailored to fit the AW11 (1985-1989) MR2 chassis only. If you have an SW20 chassis or ST165/185/20 Celica chassis please click back and pick your appropriate chassis.
Prime Performance has created a series of swap packages that contain everything needed to get your GEN4 3SGTE project completed. We have done the work for you, laying out all the parts you'll need to get your swap done right. From essentials, like water necks, downpipes, and conversion wiring to more detailed parts, like the fuel system, upgraded turbos and intercooler kits. It's all available in one place, PRIMEDRIVEN.com
The parts in our packages have been placed in a particular order, showing what we install first and last when we do a swap in our shop facility. You can start with our "Swap Level ONE" package and add more parts later on as you need them. This is perfect for guys who are planning to spread their build out over time. Of course, you could also take the plunge and order our "Full Loaded (Level TWO)" package. It contains everything you'll need for your swap from start to finish. The only thing you need to provide is the motor. We've done the rest. So, are you ready to swap one of Toyota's greatest engines into your car?
As with anything you buy from Prime Performance we offer all our customers FREE tech support via phone and email. We will happily guide you through your entire swap if needed to make sure you are happy with the parts you have purchased from us.
Package level ONE 'Basic Swap'
- 3SGTE bolt-in no-cut engine mounts (These are made to order - 2-3 week production time)
- Shifter bracket, slave cylinder, custom slave line (These are made to order - 2-3 week production time)
- Prime modified Gen4 water neck kit (you must send us your core)
- Prime Gen4 fuel feed line, return line, and fuel filter
- Prime Gen4 3" SS Downpipe (to bolt up to any MR2 turbo exhaust)
- Prime 3" Air Intake Kit
- Prime plug and play wiring harness conversion (customer supplied donor harnesses - See our wiring conversion for what we need from you: https://primedriven.com/collections/diy-engine-swap-parts/products/wire-harness-conversions)
- Axle Carrier Locating Pins (E153 only)
- NGK Spark Plugs
- MSD tachometer adapter
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump w/install kit
- Breather filter for Idle Air Control Port
- Prime license plate frame and stickers
Package level TWO 'Loaded'
- Adds packages ONE
- Lightweight Competition Flywheel
- SouthBend Stage 2 clutch kit (S54 or E153 kit)
- 3SGTE Flywheel bolts
- 3SGTE Pressure Plate bolts
In addition to our install parts, you will need to source the following parts:
- GEN4 3SGTE engine
- 91-95 MR2 NA 2.2L S54 tranmission, shift cables, and axles OR 91-99 MR2 turbo E153 tranmission, shift cables, and hybrid axles
- Battery relocation to frunk or trunk and associated cables
- coolant overflow bottle
- 91-95 MR2 (cruise control equipped) throttle cable - roughly 152" long
You must send us your stock GEN4 Water Neck to be modified