Lightweight Knife-Edged Crankshaft – Toyota 1ZZ-FE
- 00-05 MR2-S, Celica GT
A knife edged lightweight crankshaft has several advantages:
- Significant power increase due to decreased windage loss
- Faster revving (similar to the gains from a lightweight flywheel)
- Quicker throttle response
- Less oil foaming
- Lower overall engine weight
- MWR machines a brand new OEM crankshaft direct from Toyota, reducing weight by over 10% for the maximum gain without sacrificing strength or bearing life.
This fits all standard 1ZZ-FE engines from 2000+ with no modifications required. These crankshafts have been known to hold up to well over 600hp and are extremely strong.