DIY Gen5 3SGTE Swap Package - SW20 MR2
NOTE: We no longer ship DIY kits internationally or through any freight forwarders. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Applications: These packages are tailored to fit the SW20 (1991-1995) MR2 chassis only. If you have an AW11 chassis or ST165/185/20 Celica chassis please click back and pick your appropriate chassis.
Prime Performance has created a series of swap packages that contain everything needed to get your GEN5 3SGTE project completed including the worlds first PRIME instructional guide (designed for Gen4)! With 3 packages available, we have done the work for you, laying out all the parts you'll need to get your swap done right. From essentials, like water necks, downpipes, and conversion wiring to more detailed parts, like the fuel system, upgraded turbos and intercooler kits. It's all available in one place, PRIMEDRIVEN.com
The parts in our packages have been placed in a particular order, showing what we install first and last when we do a swap in our shop facility. You can start with our "Swap Level ONE" package and add more parts later on as you need them. This is perfect for guys who are planning to spread their build out over time. Of course, you could also take the plunge and order our "Full Loaded (Level THREE)" package. It contains everything you'll need for your swap from start to finish. The only thing you need to provide is the motor. We've done the rest. So, are you ready to swap one of Toyota's greatest engines into your car?
As with anything you buy from Prime Performance we offer all our customers FREE tech support via phone and email. We will happily guide you through your entire swap if needed to make sure you are happy with the parts you have purchased from us.
Package level ONE 'Basic Swap'
- Prime Gen5 Water Neck Kit (we need your core)
- Prime Gen5 Fuel feed line, return line, and fuel filter
- Prime Gen5 3" SS Downpipe (to bolt up to any MR2 turbo exhaust)
- Prime 3" Air Intake Kit
- Prime plug and play wiring harness conversion + ECU de-immobilizing (customer supplied donor harnesses - See our wiring conversion for what we need from you: https://primedriven.com/collections/diy-engine-swap-parts/products/wire-harness-conversions)
- NGK Spark Plugs
- Axle Carrier Locating Pins (only needed when using E153 transmission)
- Prime license plate frame and stickers
- Prime DIY Manual
Package level TWO 'Almost There’
- Adds package ONE
- Gen5 Adapter Throttle cable
- MSD tachometer adapter
- Gen5 Valve cover allen bolt kit
- Gen5 PCV valve and grommet
- Gen5 Valve cover gaskets
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump / Install Kit
- Breather filter for Idle Air Control port
- OEM oil filter
Package level THREE 'Loaded'
- Adds packages ONE + TWO
- Prime Gen4 Intercooler kit
- Lightweight 12lb. Competition Flywheel
- SouthBend Stage 2 clutch kit (S54 or E153 kit)
- 3SGTE Flywheel Bolts
- 3SGTE Pressure Plate bolts
Typical turn around time for a complete DIY kit is 2-3 weeks as they are built to order
You must send us your stock GEN5 Water Neck to be modified
You must send us your wiring harnesses and ECU to be converted
What we need from you:
1) Your original engine harness (that is currently running your car)
2) Your original ECU that is currently running your car (remove the ecu brackets and keep them to install on your new ecu)
3) Your new engine harness off of the motor that you are installing into your car.
4) WE NEED YOUR GEN5 ECU (to de-immobilize)
5) Ship it to PRIME. The return address will be on your invoice
What you will receive from us in 2-3 weeks:
We will send you a fully "merged" plug and play harness that literally plugs into your fuse box and new engine's ECU. Turn the key and everything works! Note, you will not receive back your original ecu or original wiring harness. These are both utilized to create your new plug and play harness.
Prime Performance Shipping Address: